Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Plainsimplejakepourri

A collection of random thoughts:

- On my way home from school today, I saw a woman who appeared to be speed-walking in slow motion. It was very odd. Also, she had a shirt that said "kunt" on it, which I think was grounds to run her over. Unfortunately, I wasn't driving.

- I picked up NBA Live 2004 for Gamecube for $10. It has quickly become apparent that I haven't played a basketball video game in a very long time, and also that I know even less about basketball than I thought I did.

- I also rented Super Princess Peach for DS. It's a decent platformer, if you can get past the cutesy theme (I can), but it's extraordinarily easy thus far, and I'm not getting the sense that it's going to get much harder. I also get the feeling that I'll beat it by tomorrow.

- I rented a DVD, too, specifically the Office special. It's about fucking time I saw that. It's brilliant. I love the Office rather a lot. I also know as I watch it that I have something in common with each of the characters. I like to think that it's because they each have one shining character trait hidden beneath the neuroses and such. Even David Brent. It's just harder to see in him. At any rate, when I finished watching the two series of the show originally, I got very sad that they weren't making it anymore. I got over it, but now I'm feeling it again.

- Got a wireless router. Online Tetris DS will clearly cause me to fail (or quite possibly miss) my exam. Fortunately, I think I only needed a D or a C- or somesuch on that last paper to pass the class. With a D, no doubt, but it's more than I deserve.

- Facebook is stupid and pointless and a complete waste of time. Of course, it's only the latter because I'm wasting so much time there. On the plus side, it's a lot easier than actually making friends; of the 42 "friends" I have listed, I count at least six whom I haven't actually, in the strictest sense, met, another six whom I think I've only met in a single interview for the paper, and a bunch more whom I've had less than five minutes of conversation with. It's just that easy, folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home